In a small company, every employee matters.
At Carleton Technologies, each employee is a valuable employee. Because we are a small company, the contribution made by each employee is noticeable. If you like to take initiative and be responsible for your decisions and results, this is the company for you.
Flexibility is a key characteristic which we seek in our employees. You will not be limited by your job description. If you enjoy variety and the occasional challenge to shift roles temporarily, you'll fit right in.
About Carleton Technologies
Carleton Technologies creates and supports industry-leading integrated inventory management, point of sale, and web technologies for campus and private-sector retailers. Our products enable our customers to streamline operations, speed up and simplify their point of sale, and expand their reach through integrated e‑commerce applications.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Support & Success Representative
To begin with the obvious: We need someone to help our customers with our products.
Our products consist of retail inventory management software, e-commerce (website) software, and point of sale (software and hardware). Our customers are retail managers and staff.
You will be responding to customers via email and phone. You will be helping them solve their issues, sometimes this involves troubleshooting bugs, but more often it involves helping the customer use the application in a way that achieves their desired result. You will be configuring, or helping them configure, their system to achieve desired functionality.
You need to:
- be able to learn and retain an overall understanding of a fairly complex system.
- excel at using desktop software – not just Windows – but to have an aptitude for learning the ins and outs of specialized software.
- be familiar with how retail stores typically operate.
- have good interpersonal skills for working with our customers.
We are looking for someone who likes:
- helping others
- solving problems
- working with people
- being an expert
Our end goal is to train you up to move from a Level 1 to Level 2 customer support representative.
To get there you must:
- thoroughly understand how to use our applications
- be a good communicator (both with customers and developers, when required)
- be organized and able to multi-task
What our other employees say they like about our company:
- Feeling valued by the executive team
- Reliable and dependable co-workers
- Good teamwork environment
- Organized work environment
- Fast-paced environment
- Constant learning opportunities
- Nice customers
- With a small company, your work makes a difference in the products and services that are delivered
- Competitive pay and flexible hours
- Flexible with working remote
Experience and Skills you will need:
- Prior experience in a software support role
- Proficient using technology
- Detail oriented
- Good communicator
- Highly organized
- Efficient multi-tasker
Skills that would be an asset:
- Previous experience in or supporting business, retail, or accounting software
- Previous experience in a similar role
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Work from home
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday
Work location: Primarily remote, occasionally required to come in to the office.
COVID-19 considerations: We are currently, primarily, work-from-home.
Experience: Customer Support & Client Services Managers: 3 years (preferred)
How to apply
Please send us your resume and include a cover letter explaining your interest in this role.
About Carleton Technologies
Carleton Technologies creates and supports industry-leading integrated Inventory Management, e-Commerce, Point of Sale, and Accounting technologies for campus and private-sector retailers. Our products enable our customers to streamline operations, speed up and simplify their Point of Sale, and expand their reach through integrated e-commerce applications.